Lecture: Tighter Integration of Python and PostgreSQL
1. Brief intros to PostgreSQL and Python
2. Standard way of using PostgreSQL from python (DBAPI2 / psycopg2)
3. Standard way of using python in PostgreSQL (pl/python, much improved in upcoming PostgreSQL 9.1)
4. Achieving even tighter integration - automatic remote execution of selected python functions inside postgreSQL
5. Providing callback to "import foo" from caller in remoted functions
6. Simplifying data access - putting simple automatic ORM inside pl/python
7. Playing nice with pl/proxy and friends to achieve potentially unlimited scalability , more often associated with NoSQL storage engines.
Start time: 14:00
Click here to let us know how you liked this event.